How to break the build if SonarQube analysis has found any xml parsing errors

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension)
  • what are you trying to achieve
    Running VSTS build pipeline. Want to break the build if there are any xml parsing errors. currently sonarqube analysis steps are succeeding even if there are xm parsing errors.
  • what have you tried so far to achieve this

Hi,

We’ve made a conscious decision on our side not to fail analysis (and therefore break the build) for analyzer parsing errors. Why? Well, it’s usually something wrong on our side, and it seems punitive to break your build because we overlooked or got something wrong.

So… if you really want to do this, you’ll need to implement a post-analysis log parsing step that breaks the build.

Hope this makes sense.

Ann

Hi,

It’s just been brought to my attention that you duplicated this post less than 7 hours after creating this thread. Please don’t do that. This community is peopled by users like you and SonarSourcers who respond in their spare time. Not getting an immediate answer does not mean you won’t get one at all. It means that people are busy.

Now, if you duplicated the post to add detail (I see that the other one does have more detail) you should be aware that you can edit your posts at any time.

Anyway, since you have plenty of answers now, I’m going to close this thread.

Ann