How do I host multiple types of coverage reports in my Sonarqube project?

Hello! I’m trying to configure my company’s Sonarqube deployment to host information for a large Python project.

I am using Sonarqube Community Edition 8.4.2.

As part of our CI pipeline, we generate test coverage reports using coverage.py and Type Hint coverage reports using mypy. I would like both types of coverage reports to be viewable in Sonarqube by my team without them merged together, so I can answer questions like:

• Which lines are not covered by a passing test?
  • Which lines are not covered by a correct type hint?

These coverage metrics are orthogonal - it’s very possible that a given line may be covered by a test but not type hinted, or vice versa. I don’t want to combine these coverage reports into a single report for this reason.

Is there a configuration option or a plugin that will allow me to host multiple types of coverage reports in Sonarqube?

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

First, your version is past EOL. You should upgrade to either the latest version or the current LTS at your earliest convenience. Your upgrade path is:

8.4.2 → 8.9.1 → 9.0 (last step optional)

To answer your question, there isn’t a way to show these coverage types segregated.

:woman_shrugging:
Ann

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.