Versions and context
- Gitlab self-hosted 12.7.6
- Sonarqube self-hosted 22.214.171.124929
- Gitlab and sonar installed through docker in AWS ECS cluster behind load-balancers
MR decoration is set up in Gitlab and Sonarqube and working well.
After certain (long) time, MR decoration stops working.
Compute engine log shows errors like :
Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException: Hostname my.gitlab.url not verified: certificate: sha256/JYP42CCMuLi87AC6qUOOfaICgr819itewHstb1W+2cA= DN: CN=*.a_totally_different_url_i_dont_know_anything_about subjectAltNames: [*.a_totally_different_url_i_dont_know_anything_about]
- It seems that the ip of
- It seems then that this old ip has been reassigned to
- It seems that sonar is still using the old ip and then tries to interrogate
Steps to reproduce
- Install a sonar and gitlab
- Configure MR decoration
- Change public ip of gitlab
- Update IP in DNS
- Try an analyze
- Observe that decoration is broken
- Wait expiration of DNS configured TTL
- Observe that decoration is still broken
Restart SonarQube from administration module / system information page.
It enforces a DNS interrogation
If DNS entry changes and a new ip is assigned to gitlab, even after DNS TTL expiration, sonar will not re-request the DNS and still use obsolete IP.