General Authentication Token

We are using * 7.9.2 (build 30863)of SonarQube and I was wondering if there is a way to have a general Authentication Token rather than tokens attached to a user as users can leave or be reassigned to different roles. I checked around the standard admin tolls but don’t see anything that can accomplish this.

Any ideas for this?

Hi @RurouniKakita and welcome to the community :wave:

First, your version is past EOL. You should upgrade to either the latest version or the current LTS at your earliest convenience. Your upgrade path is:

7.9.2 → 7.9.6 → 8.9.3 → 9.2.1 (last step optional)

You may find the Upgrade Guide and the LTS-to-LTS Upgrade Notes helpful. If you have questions about upgrading, feel free to open a new thread for that here.

And now to your original question, where i would like you to elaborate a little. The Tokens are connected to a user to limit the permissions one will have when using said token. What would be the scope you would expect from a “general authentication token”?
We have the possibility to use a a monitoring passcode (SONAR_WEB_SYSTEMPASSCODE) for (as the name suggests) integration with existing monitoring tools, but the way you write you are more looking into a “one token to rule them all” kind of thing?