First Analysis keeps on failing

Hi All,

I am new to SonarCloud and just following the documentation in conducting my own analysis. I am trying to scan a new project that is using Media Wiki and PHP as its core. I have followed the documentation and still keep on getting the error “37e6b4c1-de11-4d45-b77d-fbe4fe51e31b” which I can’t even locate here. Here is a screenshot after configuring my first scan (it seems to be stuck in there even if I have done a new pull/merge request)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

Template for a good new topic, formatted with Markdown:

• ALM used (GitHub)
  • CI system used
  • Scanner command used when applicable (private details masked)
  • Languages of the repository (PHP, Media Wiki)
  • Only if the SonarCloud project is public, the URL
    • And if you need help with pull request decoration, then the URL to the PR too
  • Error observed (error message “37e6b4c1-de11-4d45-b77d-fbe4fe51e31b”)
  • Steps to reproduce - tried to keep on adding new repo to no avail
  • Potential workaround

Hey there.

It looks like Automatic Analysis might have gotten into a weird state, as the internal logs show

ERROR: Can not start analyzing because Automatic Analysis is disabled

Can you jump into Administration > Analysis Method and try toggling Automatic Analysis off and on and add a new commit?

Hi Colin,

Thanks for your reply, I have done what you have recommended but it is now giving me a different error.

“Your analysis with ID “AX14MXf3B_Ti1Xt7gCYr” has failed: the analysis of your project exceeded the maximum memory available for Automatic Analysis.

I have now changed it back to manual and have done as per the configuration guide however Analysis seems to be stuck in limbo.

Many thanks!

It does appear to be quite a meaty project. You might try two things (now or later) to lighten the load.

• Make sure you’re excluding third-party libraries from analysis, especially Javascript libraries
  • Make sure sonar.sources and sonar.tests are set correctly

These properties can be set by adding additional analysis configuration to your .sonarcloud.properties file.

Have you executed a successful analysis manually? Is it successfully submitted to SonarCloud, and does it show up in the Administration > Background Tasks section of your project?