Filter SonarLint findings using "tags"

Hello,
On SonarLint, is it possible to display the tags associated to the raised rules and/or filtered on them ?

Hello @loky,

No it’s not possible at the moment. Could you explain the reason you need that ?

It’s because we have to work with a Software Quality Referential. In this one, it is discribed our coding rules. I need to perform a mapping between our Referential and your rules. To do this, I need to getherings some of them and add extra informations. From SonarQube side, there is no issue because I can do it thanks to the tags system. But I need ours software engineers can filter these findings on specific tags from their IDE.

Hi @loky,
to complement what Damien said above: it is not possible to do that directly in SonarLint, but you can use the rules.sonarsource.com website to see the tags and filter on them.

For example, if SonarLint raised a java:2095 issue

you can use this URL to view the tags: https://rules.sonarsource.com/java/RSPEC-2095

If you start from the website to browse rules and filter on them, you may want to doublecheck whether a rule is available in SonarLint (most of them are, but not all), you can simply check for SonarLint logo at the bottom of the page:

Hi @Marco_Comi,
Thank you for your reply but it is not exactly what I would say.

I need to add some extra information on our rules and the tags are a ggod way to do it.

For instance, in our Quality Referential we have a rule named CATCHGEN which is Mandatory.
This rule is covered by :
RSPEC-1696
RSPEC-1181

So in SonarQube, I add the tags CATCHGEN and Mandatory on RSPEC-1696 and RSPEC-1181.
In this way, for instance I can filter on Mandatory or on CATCHGEN in order to watch all this kind of artefacts.

But I also would like that could be done from the IDE.

Hello @loky,

I moved your topic to the ‘Suggest New Features’ category, so that people can vote for it. This will help us understand if the topic gets traction from other people.

Thanks for reporting!

Hi,

Just FYI, I’ve moved this again, this time to Product Manager for a Day, which is a new approach we’re taking to foster deeper, richer discussions around feature requests. You can read about it here.

I think your needs are already pretty well fleshed out here, but feel free to fill in any extra data from the new topic template:

• What are you trying to accomplish?
  • Why does this matter to you?
  • Why should it be a priority now?
  • How would that look in the product? Can you imagine any alternatives?
  • How would we know it works well?

Ann