Filename of sysctl.d

Hi,

I’m creating the SonarQube configuration with Puppet for version 7.9.1. The documentation tells me:

To set these values more permanently, you must update either /etc/sysctl.d/99-sonarqube.conf (or /etc/sysctl.conf as you wish) to reflect these values.

We are using the following account to run the application: sa-sonarqube-prd1. I have a discussion with my colleague about the filename. Which one is correct:

a. /etc/sysctl.d/99-sonarqube.conf (exact as documentation)
b. /etc/sysctl.d/99-sa-sonarqube-prd1.conf (username of user running application)
c. /etc/sysctl.d/99-whatever-overrides.conf (name doesn’t matter as it is system-wide)

I understand that the security limits section needs to be aware of the user. There’s no discussion needed for that :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Kevin

(I feel like I’m back in University taking a pop quiz)

I’m pretty sure it’s B.

C :slight_smile:

Hi Colin,

I heard gamification helps to motivate hehe.
Thanks for your vote!

Regards

Sure :slight_smile:

In a former life I did extensive alterations to maestrodev/puppet-sonarqube for newer versions of SonarQube to use as an internal puppet module to orchestrate installs/upgrades. While not technically a supported deployment model (so far as SonarSource putting a stamp on it), feel free to toss any roadblocks my way.

Colin

Hi Colin,

Awesome, we’ll have a look.

Regards,

Kevin