Fail to get bootstrap index from server: connect timed out

Sonarqube version: 7.9.1
Sonar Maven Plugin: 3.6.0.1398

I just upgraded my Sonarqube version running on Docker and whenever my Jenkins try to push sonar analysis using sonar maven plugin it fails.

My telnet from my jenkins server to sonar server it’s working.

I copy/paste my maven log bellow:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.sonarsource.scanner.maven:sonar-maven-plugin:3.6.0.1398:sonar (default-cli) on project PROJECT_NAME: Unable to execute SonarQube: Fail to get bootstrap index from server: connect timed out -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

To be clear, this

means that when you try to access directly the failing URL in your analysis log, it works?

Ann

Hi Ann,

Thanks for your time. When I access Sonar server URL using wget from Jenkins server I download index file with this content:

sonar-scanner-engine-shaded-7.9.1-all.jar|a1c05423113146c25aa5a0819888ceec

But when Jenkins Job tries to run I hits that connection timeout error.

I even edited my settings.xml file on maven installation folder (/usr/local/maven/conf/) and included properties information about sonar.host.url, but no luck so far.

When I was using Sonarqube 7.7.1 with sonar-maven-plugin 3.2 everything was fine.

Since I already upgraded my database to Sonarqube 7.9.1 I can’t rollback to previous version.

Is it possible to export previous analysis, create new database, use Sonar 7.7.1 and dump data in this new db?

Hi,

Are you on the latest Jenkins and Maven scanners?

Ann

Yes. I’m using Jenkins 2.187 and maven plugin 3.6.0.1398.

Hi,

The latest version of the Jenkins Scanner / plugin is 2.9. Could you upgrade and try again?

Ann

I’m already using SonarQube Scanner for Jenkins 2.9.

This looks like a network error since it’s timing out, might be hard for us to help.
If you run with -X -e you might get more details about the cause of the error.

14 posts were split to a new topic: Fail to get bootstrap index from server: timeout

Hi @Fhighlander
I am having the same connection timeout issue. Did yours got resolved?
I am running two seperate containers in aws ubuntu ec2 public instance but when i am executing sonar-scanner I am also getting connection timeout.

Sorry for delay.

But I solved my problem when I updated my sonar maven plugin version (3.2 to 3.6.0.1398) and when I used -Dsonar.host.url property.

Using this doc page to learn about the sonar maven plugin:
https://docs.sonarqube.org/latest/analysis/scan/sonarscanner-for-maven/
This command worked after I upgraded sonarqube and saw the above error:
mvn org.sonarsource.scanner.maven:sonar-maven-plugin:3.7.0.1746:sonar