Exported sonarqube report for developer version is in .pb format, how to read it

Exported sonarqube report for developer version is in .pb format, how to read it
Version is 9.6 i guess.

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

What’s the question?

To be clear, all the native “reports” (starting in Enterprise Edition($$)) are in PDF format.

Ann

Hi,
I am using developer edition of Sonarqube.
I want to export the report of the project.
But the exported report goes into the server folder and its format is in .pb format which is non-readable format.

How to read that report (report is exported in zipped file containg .pb file inside it).

Can we extract it from database or from any another mechanism for developer version of sonarqube.

Hi,

That export is not a report, but a full export of the entire project. It’s been made available to facilitate server consolidation. You would use it by importing it into an Enterprise Edition($$) server.

If you want to craft your own reports, take a look at the Web APIs, which were built to populate the UI. The best way to master the API is to perform the desired action via the UI and eavesdrop to see which calls the UI made to accomplish the action.

You may also find this guide helpful.

Ann

2 Likes