Exception : [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.sonarsource.scanner.maven:sonar-maven-plugin:3.7.0.1746

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• which versions are you using (SonarQube 7.4, maven-3.6.3, Jdev 12.1.3 )

• what are you trying to achieve: Analysing the code from Jdeveloper using OJAudit or even installing the Sonarqube extension.

• what have you tried so far to achieve this
    Successful maven Compile & Install.

I wanted to analyze ADF application using sonar, but got into below exception. So I decided to create a simple JAVA application (literally “Hello world” ) in jdev, still I got into this exception, As soon , as i run this " mvn sonar:sonar"

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.sonarsource.scanner.maven:sonar-maven-plugin:3.7.0.1746:sonar (default-cli) on project SimpleJavaApp: org.adf.emg.sonar.ojaudit.Analyzer has unsatisfied dependency 'class org.adf.emg.sonar.ojaudit.Configuration' for constructor 'public org.adf.emg.sonar.ojaudit.Analyzer(org.adf.emg.sonar.ojaudit.Configuration)' from org.sonar.core.platform.ComponentContainer$ExtendedDefaultPicoContainer@1e977098:308<[Immutable]:org.sonar.core.platform.ComponentContainer$ExtendedDefaultPicoContainer@6cff61fc:233<[Immutable]:org.sonar.core.platform.ComponentContainer$ExtendedDefaultPicoContainer@b0fc838:9<[Immutable]:org.sonar.core.platform.ComponentContainer$ExtendedDefaultPicoContainer@9dc782d:50<| -> [Help 1]

Caused by: org.picocontainer.injectors.AbstractInjector$UnsatisfiableDependenciesException: org.adf.emg.sonar.ojaudit.Analyzer has unsatisfied dependency 'class org.adf.emg.sonar.ojaudit.Configuration' for constructor 'public org.adf.emg.sonar.ojaudit.Analyzer(org.adf.emg.sonar.ojaudit.Configuration)' from org.sonar.core.platform.ComponentContainer$ExtendedDefaultPicoContainer@5e26f1ed:308<[Immutable]:org.sonar.core.platform.ComponentContainer$ExtendedDefaultPicoContainer@12a14b74:233<[Immutable]:org.sonar.core.platform.ComponentContainer$ExtendedDefaultPicoContainer@44536de4:9<[Immutable]:org.sonar.core.platform.ComponentContainer$ExtendedDefaultPicoContainer@4cf230bf:50<|

Both the attempts , wither using OJAudit or using sonar Extension in Jdev, has failed.

Can anyone please point me , what is missing or what am i doing wrong.

Thanks
Dip

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

7.4 is past EOL. You should upgrade immediately. Your upgrade path is:

7.4 -> 7.9.4 -> 8.5 (this step optional)

To be fair, it’s not clear to me that analysis will succeed once you’ve upgraded. But if it doesn’t, we’ll be in a much better position to support you post-upgrade.

Ann