Error with build-wrapper-win-x86-64.exe : a binary programm named

Hello
When I run the command build-wrapper-win-x86-64.exe
I have the following message :
a binary programm named xxxx.bin is located in the folder …
The command stops and I have the two files which had been created :
build-wrapper.log
build-wrapper-dump.json (but this file is empty).

Can you help me please ?

Thanks a lot.

Frédéric.

Hi @FredAubert,

again and again, please do not try to analyze something when you don’t master your project build. All your posts have the same common issue. build-wrapper-win-x86-64.exe is simply a wrapper which invokes the program you are giving to it, there is no magic.

Please take the time to master your build environment before continuing to post here.

Hello
Sorry for these messages, but I am not the personne who build the project I am a quality ingenier and I try to analyse the project, it is the reason I don’t master the project buid.

I don’t understand what is the problem with my environement.
I run the makefile all is OK but the make file build a file .bin
Is this file not compatible with the commande build-wrapper-win-x86-64.exe ?

Do I have to change the makefile to not generate a .bin file?

Hello
I have a makefile that generates a .bin (executable) file and it seems that the build-wrapper-win-x86-64.exe command stops because there is a .bin file that is generated.
Should I change the make file to not generate this executable file?
Thank you.

It’s work !

Building a C++ project is (unfortunately) a very difficult task. Each project has is specificities, more or less understood prerequisites… The only people who master this process are the ones who build the project on a daily basis.

The way we thought our CFamily plugin is that you start from a working build environment (not just a project that builds on some machine, but an environment that is capable to build the project here and now). Then, and only then, you use the build wrapper around the build command to extract the analysis configuration from the build.

For the first step, you should not work alone. Ask to one of the project developers to set-up the environment for you. When this is done, you’ll be able to focus on analyzing the code.

Hello,
That’s what I did and I managed to run the build-wrapper-win-x86-64.exe command.
Thank you very much.