Error in documentation of analysis scopes

The description of sonar.tests at Analysis scope & SonarCloud has almost duplicated text. These paragraphs need reviewing.

The sonar.tests parameter holds a comma-delimited list of directories (not a path matching pattern) relative to the current working directory. SonarCloud uses the listed directories (actually there is often just one) as the starting point to recursively search for test code files to analyze. Other parameters (see below) can be used to further narrow the scope within these initial directories.

The sonar.tests parameter defines the starting point for SonarCloud to recursively search for test source code files to analyze. This parameter holds a comma-delimited list of directories (not a globbing pattern) relative to the current working directory. Other parameters (see below) can be used to further narrow the scope within these initial directories.

On a related issue, what on earth is the is parameter:

SonarCloud uses the is parameter

Hi @edwardsph, I would also like to know what is the is parameter!

• I believe that the “is parameter” is a typo.

Maybe you already noticed that there is a lot of overlap between SonarQube’s Narrowing the Focus page and SonarCloud’s Analysis Scope page. We recently finished a major rewrite of the page for SonarQube and are nearly finished with the reintegration back into the SonarCloud docs.

• I am guessing the improved content will publish to the SonarCloud docs before the end of October.

Meanwhile, I’ll make a quick fix on the 2 points you mentioned. Thank you!
and if I can learn what is the is parameter you will be the first person I tell. Ha!

Just a quick follow-up that the is parameter is a typo of sonar.tests.

…should read: SonarCloud uses the sonar.tests parameter