##[error]ERROR: Not closed bracket?

We are using SonarCloud as part of our validate step in our AzureDevops CI/CD. Project I am currently testing on is a javascript/ts/react project. I have also tried with strictly Typescript projects, but I get the same result.

The higher the file count in a project and higher the number of same error messages.

##[error]ERROR: Not closed bracket?

at org.eclipse.jgit.treewalk.WorkingTreeIterator.isDirectoryIgnored(WorkingTreeIterator.java:1571)
at org.eclipse.jgit.treewalk.WorkingTreeIterator.isDirectoryIgnored(WorkingTreeIterator.java:1549)
at org.eclipse.jgit.treewalk.WorkingTreeIterator.isEntryIgnored(WorkingTreeIterator.java:755)
at org.eclipse.jgit.treewalk.WorkingTreeIterator.isEntryIgnored(WorkingTreeIterator.java:715)
at org.eclipse.jgit.treewalk.WorkingTreeIterator.isEntryIgnored(WorkingTreeIterator.java:702)
at org.eclipse.jgit.treewalk.FileTreeIterator.createSubtreeIterator(FileTreeIterator.java:215)
at org.eclipse.jgit.treewalk.AbstractTreeIterator.createSubtreeIterator(AbstractTreeIterator.java:592)
at org.eclipse.jgit.treewalk.TreeWalk.enterSubtree(TreeWalk.java:1303)
at org.eclipse.jgit.treewalk.TreeWalk.next(TreeWalk.java:859)
at org.eclipse.jgit.blame.BlameGenerator.prepareHead(BlameGenerator.java:361)
at org.eclipse.jgit.api.BlameCommand.call(BlameCommand.java:213)
at org.sonarsource.scm.git.JGitBlameCommand.blame(JGitBlameCommand.java:102)
at org.sonarsource.scm.git.JGitBlameCommand.lambda$blame$0(JGitBlameCommand.java:66)
at java.base/java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp$OfRef.accept(ForEachOps.java:183)
at java.base/java.util.Spliterators$ArraySpliterator.forEachRemaining(Spliterators.java:948)
at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:484)
at java.base/java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachTask.compute(ForEachOps.java:290)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CountedCompleter.exec(CountedCompleter.java:746)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinTask.doExec(ForkJoinTask.java:290)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool$WorkQueue.topLevelExec(ForkJoinPool.java:1020)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool.scan(ForkJoinPool.java:1656)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool.runWorker(ForkJoinPool.java:1594)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinWorkerThread.run(ForkJoinWorkerThread.java:183)

There is no further detail even if I turn on verbose and debug logging. I have also tried and excluded all the files, but I still get this message for some reason.

Does anybody know what could be the issue?

Thanks

Also seeing this error, were you able to resolve it @Blaz_Gvajc ?

I was actually able to solve this. I pulled down the source of the plugin (sonar-scm-git/IncludedFilesRepository.java at master · SonarSource/sonar-scm-git · GitHub) and if you run that indexFiles you can set a break point on org.eclipse.jgit.ignore.internal:409 and see when it gets triggered. was able to use that to determine which files have the problem

@josh-earnin could you help to elaborate on “run that indexFiles?”

Are you still having this issue? It seems this is related to Git and not JS, so I will remove javascript tag.