Ensuring Visual Studio License on Build Agent Does Not Go Stale

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension)

• how is SonarQube deployed: zip, Docker, Helm
    Azure VM

• what are you trying to achieve
    I need to ensure that Visual Studio Enterprise running on self hosted build agents (VMs) does not have the license go stale as these are unattended and used for code coverage per: .NET test coverage (sonarqube.org)

• what have you tried so far to achieve this
    I am leaving Visual Studio open on the VM

Do not share screenshots of logs – share the text itself (bonus points for being well-formatted)!

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

I’m confused. Is this about your annual SonarQube license renewal? Because I believe instance admins get an automated email from the instance before the renewal is due.

Ann

Hello Ann,

It is not, it is about installing Visual Studio Enterprise on our self-hosted build agents. Is having Enterprise being installed enough for code coverage to work… or do we need Visual Studio Enterprise licensed as well?

Regards,

Kelly

Hi Kelly,

Sorry, but I really can’t answer that for you. What I can say is that you’ll want to be able to generate coverage reports on/from your build agent. How that happens though is beyond me (and us in general).

Ann

Thanks Ann,

Any ideas of who would know at SonarQube? Per the documentation here ( .NET test coverage (sonarqube.org)), does this mean it only needs to be installed.

" Visual Studio code coverage

We only recommend the use of this tool when the build agent has Visual Studio Enterprise installed…"

My main question is does it need to be installed and licensed, or just installed.

Hi,

If this is what you want to use for coverage, you’ll need to meet the requirements for it to run. You should probably ask Microsoft…?

Ann

Thank you Ann.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.