Developer to Enterprise

We are currently running 9.4.0 Developer and want to move to same version Enterprise. I’ve cloned the VM for testing and installed Enterprise on the cloned VM. Everything is working fine accept when I start SQ it still says it’s Developer. If I login as admin and try to install the license code we got for EE it tells me the “license doesn’t match the installed edition”. Which makes sense :slight_smile: I specifically downloaded and installed the EE zip file. I’ve done it multiple times to no avail. Is there something specific I need to do to get EE up and running?

K-

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• which versions are you using 9.4.0 Developer
  • what are you trying to achieve - Upgrade to same version Enterprise Edition
  • what have you tried so far to achieve this - Cloned VM, installed 9.4 EE

Hi,

It sounds like somehow the DE instance is being started back up rather than the EE instance. What edition string do you see in the page footer?

Ann

I do see Developer Edition 9.4. Not sure why though. As I said I replaced the installed version with the current EE version I downloaded. The zip files description shows “Enterprise Edition” but when you open the zip file it the root directory name for SQ is the same as developer.

I’ve confirmed that the windows service has been updated with the correct path.

Ken-

Hi Ken,

Maybe rename re-explode the zip, rename the current install directory to prefix with “old-” and re-do the install?

HTH,
Ann

Thanks Ann. I think this was just a case of getting the hosts mixed up. Turned out my URL was pointing to the other server (which is a clone) :slight_smile:

2 Likes