Database must be upgraded. Please backup database and browse /setup

(Amna Ali) #1

Hello,
i am new in SOnarQube. I have installed Sonar7 on centos7/mysql5.7. after starting sonar service, it asked me to upgrade DB. I’d like to know what’s the meaning of upgrade? it means to upgrade the DB version(5.7) or upgrade sonar DB/tables. Actually, I have installed Sonar on the production server that contains a lot of other live application so it’s difficult to upgrade DB version as this may affect other applications. Is there any way to skip this upgrade or it’s mandatory?

(G Ann Campbell) #2

Hi,

Take a look here: https://docs.sonarqube.org/display/SONAR/Upgrading

More specifically, you’re interested in step 6, but you might want to read through the whole list.

Ann

(Amna Ali) #3

Hello Ann,
Thanks a lot for your reply. actually, my issue not upgrade Sonar version but upgrade DB and mentioned URL don’t provide me with more details about my question. how to follow instructions in step 6 and I don’t if this will affect my MySQL version or not. so my question is what’s the meaning of upgrade? it means to upgrade the DB version(5.7) or upgrade sonar DB/tables.

(G Ann Campbell) #4

Hi,

If the “sonar service… asked [you] to upgrade DB”, then you’ve connected SonarQube to a database that has been connected at some point in the past to a previous version of SonarQube, and the new version (7) needs to upgrade the database schema.

If you saw some sort of upgrade message somewhere other than in $SONARQUBE-HOME/logs/*.log then it’s not about SonarQube, and we really can’t help you.

Ann