Database entries wiped after power outage

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension)

Developer EditionVersion 9.0 (build 45539)

• what are you trying to achieve

Getting lost data.

• what have you tried so far to achieve this

Nothing so far. Restored sonarqube to a different instance from VM backup to continue business

We had a power outage last week and the host serving sonarqube server was powered off. After every thing came back, I found that projects, users are missing. This is not a hosted in docker but installed in the vm server itself. I checked the postgres database and there are no entries in the table “projects”.

It’s good that we have VM backup and could restore but any insight into what happened and what could we have done better to get around this issue would be helpful.

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

This is going to be purely on your DB side. SonarQube data is saved there for persistent storage but actually making sure the DB works as it should is out of our hands.

:woman_shrugging:
Ann

Thank you for the reply.

If there was issue with DB then it should have been corrupted but missing few entries from a table does not make sense. Anyway, I am ok to close this as I feel there is nothing we can do here.