Component is not a project, project is already defined but as a module of project

maven

(Amedee Van Gasse) #1

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• SonarQube 7.6 Developer Edition
  • analysis of a Maven project that was never part of another Maven project as a submodule
  • Maven command:
    mvn clean install -Ptest -DgsExec=$gsExec -DcompareExec=$compareExec -Dmaven.test.failure.ignore=false org.jacoco:jacoco-maven-plugin:prepare-agent org.jacoco:jacoco-maven-plugin:report $SONAR_MAVEN_GOAL -Dsonar.host.url=$SONAR_HOST_URL -Dsonar.login=$SONAR_AUTH_TOKEN
  • Error message:
    [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.sonarsource.scanner.maven:sonar-maven-plugin:3.2:sonar (default-cli) on project typography: Component ‘com.itextpdf:typography’ is not a project, The project ‘com.itextpdf:typography’ is already defined in SonarQube but as a module of project ‘com.itextpdf:root’. If you really want to stop directly analysing project ‘com.itextpdf:root’, please first delete it from SonarQube and then relaunch the analysis of project ‘com.itextpdf:typography’. -> [Help 1]

I disagree with the error message because:

• com.itextpdf:typography is not listed on /admin/projects_management
  • com.itextpdf:typography is not a module of com.itextpdf:root
  • com.itextpdf:typography is a separate project in a separate repository
  • com.itextpdf:root is the parent pom of com.itextpdf:typography but again, com.itextpdf:typography is not in the pom of com.itextpdf:root
  • At no point in history has com.itextpdf:typography ever been a module of com.itextpdf:root
  • There are other projects that also have com.itextpdf:root as parent pom, and that are not modules but separate projects, that are analyzed successfully. So what makes com.itextpdf:typography different from, for example, com.itextpdf:html2pdf?

Question:
Is this because com.itextpdf:root is a parent pom and has modules? Do we need to do separate analysis of each individual module? But then why does analysis work for com.itextpdf:html2pdf?

Additional information: com.itextpdf:typography has been analyzed in the past, and was then deleted, and now we want to analyze it again. Is it enough if I run the following query on the database or do I need to do more?

DELETE FROM projects WHERE kee LIKE 'com.itextpdf:typography%';

Please advise.

(Amedee Van Gasse) #2

I took a database snapshot, ran the above query -> analysis works now.

Case closed.