com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The incoming request has too many parameters

Hello,

I have lots and lots of this kind of exception in web.log. I don’t know what to do with it. I use the version 6.7.4 (build 38452)
I guess it has something to do with elasticsearch recovery, but I don’t know what to do with this.
Can someone help me please ?
Thank you

2018.10.16 13:31:54 ERROR web[][o.s.s.e.RecoveryIndexer] Elasticsearch recovery - fail to recover documents
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: Fail to select authorizations
    	at org.sonar.server.permission.index.PermissionIndexerDao.doSelectByProjects(PermissionIndexerDao.java:192)
    	at org.sonar.server.permission.index.PermissionIndexerDao.lambda$selectByUuids$0(PermissionIndexerDao.java:178)
    	at org.sonar.db.DatabaseUtils.executeLargeInputs(DatabaseUtils.java:133)
    	at org.sonar.db.DatabaseUtils.executeLargeInputs(DatabaseUtils.java:118)
    	at org.sonar.db.DatabaseUtils.executeLargeInputs(DatabaseUtils.java:107)
    	at org.sonar.server.permission.index.PermissionIndexerDao.selectByUuids(PermissionIndexerDao.java:178)
    	at org.sonar.server.permission.index.PermissionIndexer.index(PermissionIndexer.java:169)
    	at org.sonar.server.es.RecoveryIndexer.doIndex(RecoveryIndexer.java:150)
    	at org.sonar.server.es.RecoveryIndexer.lambda$recover$2(RecoveryIndexer.java:120)
    	at java.util.Map.forEach(Map.java:630)
    	at org.sonar.server.es.RecoveryIndexer.recover(RecoveryIndexer.java:120)
    	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
    	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308)
    	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
    	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294)
    	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
    	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
    Caused by: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The incoming request has too many parameters. The server supports a maximum of 2100 parameters. Reduce the number of parameters and resend the request.
    	at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDatabaseError(SQLServerException.java:258)
    	at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.getNextResult(SQLServerStatement.java:1535)
    	at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerPreparedStatement.doExecutePreparedStatement(SQLServerPreparedStatement.java:467)
    	at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerPreparedStatement$PrepStmtExecCmd.doExecute(SQLServerPreparedStatement.java:409)
    	at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSCommand.execute(IOBuffer.java:7151)
    	at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.executeCommand(SQLServerConnection.java:2478)
    	at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.executeCommand(SQLServerStatement.java:219)
    	at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.executeStatement(SQLServerStatement.java:199)
    	at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerPreparedStatement.executeQuery(SQLServerPreparedStatement.java:331)
    	at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeQuery(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:96)
    	at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeQuery(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:96)
    	at org.sonar.server.permission.index.PermissionIndexerDao.doSelectByProjects(PermissionIndexerDao.java:185)
    	... 17 common frames omitted

Can someone tell me if I should report my problem in the “need help” group ?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in responding. This is a good place to make this report. Hopefully we’ll have an answer for you soon.

Ann

Thank you @ganncamp.
If more info is needed to help diagnosing the problem, don’t hesitate to ask.
Actually, I guess the stacktrace is enough to understand where the problem is.

Hi,

To give you a meager update, we’ve found this in code, but not identified an easy workaround. Hopefully I’ll have either a workaround or a ticket for you next week.

Ann

1 Like

Hi,

We’ve created a ticket for this. No verdict yet on whether we’ll tackle it for the LTS, but if you ‘Watch’ it you’ll get updates.

SONAR-11407 - Permission index recovery fails if there is too many projects to recover

Ann

2 Likes

Well, the workaround solution given in the jira issue is enough for me at the moment. Followed it and the stacktraces have left my log file.
Thank you for helping.

2 Likes