Can't save issues filter or get effort estimation anymore

Hi,

I’ve just updated from Sonarqube 5.6 to 7.7.

I can’t find my old saved filters in the “Issues” view. I can’t save new one neither. Am I missing something or is this great feature was voluntary removed ?

As a technical leader I was tracking evolution of our technical debt on a sub part of our projects so I was using filters very often.
How can I achieve this now ? The tag filter does not apply on projects tag so I don’t even have a simple way to select a group of projects…

In the same area, I can’t choose between “Issues” and “Effort” anymore on this screen. The information is still available on project page so I don’t understand why this information was removed here.

Thanks for your help.

PS : I’ve posted in “Bug” section because it seems I’m not allowed to create a new topic in the “Help” section.

Hi,

Dashboards and filters were dropped in 6.3 IIRC. We have no plans to bring them back.

Portfolios and Applications, which are available as part of Enterprise Edition might fit the bill, but I understand that you might be reluctant to jump to a paid edition to fill this need.

I’m not sure I understand this. You can filter projects by tag on the Projects page. Are you saying that you can’t filter issues by project tag? If so, then you’re right. You can filter them by projects, and filter values are added to the URL, so I supposed you could bookmark your searches…

For Issues versus Effort, could you share how you used that? We didn’t see it as very useful/used, so we dropped it in an attempt to streamline when we needed to add some other elements.

Ann

Hi Ann !

Thank you very much for your answer!

Dashboards and filters were dropped in 6.3 IIRC. We have no plans to bring them back.
Damn, it’s a really bad news. I was aware of the drop of the dashboard and could accommodate with it but the filters, I don’t really understand why.

It was a simple feature that allow to save a particular search on a subset of rules on a subset of projects. I was just great I think.

Portfolios and Applications, which are available as part of Enterprise Edition might fit the bill, but I understand that you might be reluctant to jump to a paid edition to fill this need.

Portfolios is not exactly what I’m looking for. This one should replace advantageously our old good dashboards but, you’re right, the price will discourage my managers :wink:

I’m not sure I understand this. You can filter projects by tag on the Projects page. Are you saying that you can’t filter issues by project tag? If so, then you’re right. You can filter them by projects, and filter values are added to the URL, so I supposed you could bookmark your searches…

Yep, I wanna say that I can’t filter issues by selecting a subset of project using a tag in the filter project field.
I will try with a bookmark but it’s not great to share it with others.

For Issues versus Effort, could you share how you used that? We didn’t see it as very useful/used, so we dropped it in an attempt to streamline when we needed to add some other elements.

It’s simple. I had some saved filters allowing me to retrieve easily the effort needed to remediate our technical debt on a subset of projects with some criteria on issues criticality.
I was able to follow the evolution of the effort value over a period of time. Number of issues is not as representative as calculated effort I think.

Oh ! I’ve just seen that the effort is displayed at the top of the result list on the Issues screen ! :slight_smile:

… So then your need for the technical debt info is met? :slight_smile:

Ann

Yup! I will just miss saved fillers :wink: