Cannot get LDAPS to read users

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• Using version 9.9LTS SonarQube
  • Deployed from zip on premises
  • Trying to get LDAPS authentication to work with on premises servers
  • I have tried all of the steps in documentation, community blogs, and every google search presented.

I’m running into an error where I cannot get the LDAP or LDAPS authentication to work. When I started I was receiving errors in the logs and I continued down that path until I was no longer receiving any error. Now, I still have no authentication outside of the local in the application and no errors showing what I am missing. The system says when LDAP(S) is configured to have the user attempt a login and it should read from Active Directory, but all I receive is “Authentication Failed” at the top of the login screen.

Configuration:

sonar.security.realm=LDAPS (tried ldap as well)
sonar.authenticator.downcase=false
ldap.url=ldaps://***:636 (also tried ldap://domain:389)
ldap.bindDn=CN=****
ldap.bindpassword=****
ldap.authentication=simple
ldap.realm=*****
ldap.StartTLS=true
ldap.user.baseDn=*****
ldap.user.request=(&(objectClass=user)(sAMAccountName={login}))
ldap.user.realNameAttribute=name
ldap.user.emailAttribute=email

Is anyone else experiencing an issue like this or am I just missing something basic?

Do not share screenshots of logs – share the text itself (bonus points for being well-formatted)!

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, we’re not LDAP experts. Your best bet is to use a standalone LDAP client to troubleshoot your connection.

Ann

Hi

I am facing the same issue. LDAP is configured and connection is successful if we check from the terminal but users cannot login in web UI. Did you able to resolve this?

Thanks