Can not create new Organization

• ALM used Azure DevOps
  • CI system used Azure DevOps

Hi,

I’m trying to add a new organization and after entering the organization name et PAT, the click on Continue button does not have any effect.
I have not error message displayed to understand what is missing.

Can you help me ?

Thanks

Ced

Hey there.

Do you find any failing web requests in your browser’s dev tools (usually under the Network tab)

Hello,

Yes, i have a query to https://sonarcloud.io/api/alm_integration/show_alm_organization?almAccessToken=[MyToken] with an error 404.
The body is {“errors”:[{“msg”:“Requested resource wasn\u0027t found on Azure DevOps.”,“reason”:“AZURE_DEVOPS_UNABLE_TO_FETCH_REQUESTED_RESOURCE”}]}

Thanks for your help
Ced

I specify that I have checked Code Read/Write when i have generated my token

Didn’t thought, it would be so difficult.
I thought i was missing a permission somewhere but i found nothing at this time
:disappointed_relieved:

Hello @CedricConnes ,

Sorry for the time before getting back to you.

I am trying to reproduce your situation with the different hypothesis.

The first element that come into my mind, as in yours I guess, is an error at some point with the token.

Can you please regenerate one and take a screenshot before hitting save, and then let me know if you still have the issues?

Can you please confirm to me that your user has all the needed rights on the organization you try to bind?

Thank you

Hi Florian

Here is the screenshot of a newly created token.
I have the same behaviour

Am i right to think i can write anything as AzureDevOps organisation name in the form ?
Or has it to match with the real name of my organization in Azure ?

Annotation 2023-02-16 141655

Ced

1 Like

Arg !!
Gotcha : that was the point: the name of the organization in azure does not come from the token but from the first Field !
I didn’t realized that: i was thinking the organization name provided was only to named it in my sonarCloud profile.

The final purpose was to properly recreate my misconfigured organization and then import all my active projects.
Will i be able to do that if the two organization are named the same ?

1 Like

Thanks for you help Florian : it helped me understand my mistake

Ced

1 Like

Hi @CedricConnes I’m happy that you found the origin of the problem!

You are right, the name you put must be the exact name of the Azure Org.

Have a very good day !

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.