C/C++/Objective-C make: *** No rule to make target `clean'. Stop

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension)
    Enterprise Edition Version 9.9.3
    sonar-scanner-cli-4.8.0.2856

• how is SonarQube deployed: zip, Docker, Helm
    Jenkins pipeline

• what are you trying to achieve
    I am trying scan c code. but running into failures when running jenkins pipeline like make: *** No rule to make target `clean’. Stop.

• what have you tried so far to achieve this
    I have tried different github links from sonarsource with different inputs. I guess I just need more clarification on how to run on my jenkins pipeline. I am not using cmake in my repo. Do I have to add anything to my Makefile in order for this to run? I am using this sonar-scanner in my groovy that will run several repos that use c code so I am trying to keep it as simple as possible. I am able to download the .zip like it suggest in the doucmentation unzip but just running into that make: *** issue. I even used the export PATH=$PATH:

Do not share screenshots of logs – share the text itself (bonus points for being well-formatted)!

Hey there.

What command do you usually run to build your code? That’s the command you want to append to the build wrapper.

Do you just run make or make install – nothing else?

Then in a clean workspace, you should be able to run

build-wrapper-linux-x86/build-wrapper-linux-x86-64 --out-dir bw-output make

or

build-wrapper-linux-x86/build-wrapper-linux-x86-64 --out-dir bw-output make install

What happens then?

I figured out the issue thank you Colin!