Build-wrapper-dumper.json is empty with CCS eclipsec.exe

Hi,
I used
build-wrapper-win-x86-64.exe with version 6.4,
and my C project is built by CCS with C:/ti/ccs1010/ccs/tools/compiler/ti-cgt-arm_20.2.1.LTS/bin/armcl and C:/ti/ccs1010/ccs/tools/compiler/ti-cgt-msp430_20.2.1.LTS/bin/cl430, I used the following commands line to generate build_wrapper.log and build_wrapper_dump.json.
build-wrapper-win-x86-64.exe --out-dir SonarQube\build-wrapper-output “C:\ti\ccs1010\ccs\eclipse\eclipsec.exe” -noSplash -data “C:\Users\xxx\workspace_v10” -application com.ti.ccstudio.apps.projectBuild -ccs.projects proect1 -ccs.configuration Debug

but  build_wrapper_dump.json is like this:
# (C) SonarSource SA, 2014-2019, info@sonarsource.com
# All SONARSOURCE programs and content are copyright protected.
# SONARSOURCE and SONARQUBE are trademarks of SonarSource SA. All rights are expressly reserved.
#
# This file is designed exclusively for use with the SONARSOURCE C / C++ / Objective-C Plugin.
# It may not be used in connection with any other software.
# Any other use is prohibited by law and may be grounds for immediate termination of your License.
{
"version":0,
"captures":[
]}

Does the build-wrapper not support CCS eclipsec.exe building? or not support msp430 compiler?
thanks.
look forwarding to your feedback!

1 Like

Hi @yzhang,

the problem might be in the fact that eclipsec.exe is probably running the build in a daemon process, could you verify that? If it is the case build-wrapper is not able to follow the daemon process and capture the compiler invocation.

thanks for your reply!
I found the reason for my issue. the version of my sonaqube server is 8.1 and TI compiler of msp430 is not supported. and it works well with sonarqube server 8.5.
thank you!

Hi @yzhang,

thank you for the update and glad you fixed the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.