Binding Update Failed: Error 404 on one profile

• Operating system:Windows 10
  • SonarLint plugin version: 7.0.0.52289
  • PyCharm version: 2022.1.3 (Pro), Build #PY-221.5921.27, built on June 21, 2022
  • Is connected mode used: Yes. SonarQube server, v8.9.2.46101

Hello! Thanks in advance for any advice/assistance.
We are attempting to configure SonarLint for the first time with PyCharm and receive this failure when attempting to bind to our on-prem SonarQube server.

Binding Update Failed:
Error 404 on /api/rules/search.protobuf?qprofile=py-sonar-way-+pylint-99193&activation=true&f=templateKey,actives&types=CODE_SMELL,BUG,VULNERABILITY&s=key&ps=500&p=1

We receive the same error with VsCode (1.70.2) and SonarLint (v3.9.0).

This profile failing is derived and set as the language default. Switching the DEFAULT to the parent/sonar-way makes the problem in SonarLint go away. I tried to alter the child/default profile to give it a refresh/kick, but there is something about it that is rejected.

This is the only DEFAULT profile that has a parent in our configuration.

Thanks!

Hi,

I’m pretty sure this is a URL encoding issue, caused by the fact your quality profile key py-sonar-way-+pylint-99193 contains a “+” symbol. I have created a ticket and we will fix it in the next release.

In the meantime, you can recreate your quality profile without using the “+” symbol in its name (AFAIR, keys are derived from the name).

Thanks for the good report!

Thank you. That did the trick. Have a nice day.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.