Background Task Error since upgrade to SonarQube 6.7.3

Since we upgraded to SOnarQube 6.7.3, we have been receiving the following error in the background task that is causing scans to fail. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Multiple entries with same key: shell=Shell and shell=Shell
at com.google.common.collect.ImmutableMap.checkNoConflict(ImmutableMap.java:150)
at com.google.common.collect.RegularImmutableMap.checkNoConflictInBucket(RegularImmutableMap.java:104)
at com.google.common.collect.RegularImmutableMap.<init>(RegularImmutableMap.java:70)
at com.google.common.collect.ImmutableMap$Builder.build(ImmutableMap.java:254)
at com.google.common.collect.Maps.uniqueIndex(Maps.java:1166)
at com.google.common.collect.Maps.uniqueIndex(Maps.java:1140)
at org.sonar.server.computation.task.projectanalysis.language.LanguageRepositoryImpl.<init>(LanguageRepositoryImpl.java:46)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor205.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:437)
at org.picocontainer.injectors.AbstractInjector.newInstance(AbstractInjector.java:145)
at org.picocontainer.injectors.ConstructorInjector$1.run(ConstructorInjector.java:342)
at org.picocontainer.injectors.AbstractInjector$ThreadLocalCyclicDependencyGuard.observe(AbstractInjector.java:270)
at org.picocontainer.injectors.ConstructorInjector.getComponentInstance(ConstructorInjector.java:364)
at org.picocontainer.injectors.AbstractInjectionFactory$LifecycleAdapter.getComponentInstance(AbstractInjectionFactory.java:56)
at org.picocontainer.behaviors.AbstractBehavior.getComponentInstance(AbstractBehavior.java:64)
at org.picocontainer.behaviors.Stored.getComponentInstance(Stored.java:91)
at org.picocontainer.DefaultPicoContainer.getInstance(DefaultPicoContainer.java:699)
at org.picocontainer.DefaultPicoContainer.getComponent(DefaultPicoContainer.java:647)
at org.picocontainer.DefaultPicoContainer.getComponent(DefaultPicoContainer.java:632)
at org.picocontainer.parameters.BasicComponentParameter$1.resolveInstance(BasicComponentParameter.java:118)
at org.picocontainer.parameters.ComponentParameter$1.resolveInstance(ComponentParameter.java:136)
at org.picocontainer.injectors.SingleMemberInjector.getParameter(SingleMemberInjector.java:78)
at org.picocontainer.injectors.ConstructorInjector$CtorAndAdapters.getParameterArguments(ConstructorInjector.java:309)
at org.picocontainer.injectors.ConstructorInjector$1.run(ConstructorInjector.java:335)
at org.picocontainer.injectors.AbstractInjector$ThreadLocalCyclicDependencyGuard.observe(AbstractInjector.java:270)
at org.picocontainer.injectors.ConstructorInjector.getComponentInstance(ConstructorInjector.java:364)
at org.picocontainer.injectors.AbstractInjectionFactory$LifecycleAdapter.getComponentInstance(AbstractInjectionFactory.java:56)
at org.picocontainer.behaviors.AbstractBehavior.getComponentInstance(AbstractBehavior.java:64)
at org.picocontainer.behaviors.Stored.getComponentInstance(Stored.java:91)
at org.picocontainer.DefaultPicoContainer.getInstance(DefaultPicoContainer.java:699)
at org.picocontainer.DefaultPicoContainer.getComponent(DefaultPicoContainer.java:647)
at org.picocontainer.DefaultPicoContainer.getComponent(DefaultPicoContainer.java:678)
at org.sonar.core.platform.ComponentContainer.getComponentByType(ComponentContainer.java:265)
at org.sonar.server.computation.task.projectanalysis.step.AbstractComputationSteps.lambda$instances$0(AbstractComputationSteps.java:43)
at org.sonar.server.computation.task.projectanalysis.step.AbstractComputationSteps$$Lambda$873.000000001C1EBF50.apply(Unknown Source)
at com.google.common.collect.Iterators$8.transform(Iterators.java:799)
at com.google.common.collect.TransformedIterator.next(TransformedIterator.java:48)
at org.sonar.server.computation.task.step.ComputationStepExecutor.executeSteps(ComputationStepExecutor.java:62)
at org.sonar.server.computation.task.step.ComputationStepExecutor.execute(ComputationStepExecutor.java:52)
at org.sonar.server.computation.task.projectanalysis.taskprocessor.ReportTaskProcessor.process(ReportTaskProcessor.java:73)
at org.sonar.ce.taskprocessor.CeWorkerImpl.executeTask(CeWorkerImpl.java:134)
at org.sonar.ce.taskprocessor.CeWorkerImpl.findAndProcessTask(CeWorkerImpl.java:97)
at org.sonar.ce.taskprocessor.CeWorkerImpl$$Lambda$866.000000001C006150.get(Unknown Source)
at org.sonar.ce.taskprocessor.CeWorkerImpl.withCustomizedThreadName(CeWorkerImpl.java:81)
at org.sonar.ce.taskprocessor.CeWorkerImpl.call(CeWorkerImpl.java:73)
at org.sonar.ce.taskprocessor.CeWorkerImpl.call(CeWorkerImpl.java:43)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:277)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:522)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:277)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:191)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:304)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1160)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:635)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:818)

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

First, I need to point out that 7.9.1 is the latest version and current LTS. You should upgrade at your earliest convenience. It’s possible doing so will make this problem go away (although honestly that’s a stab in the dark). At a minimum, though you should at least upgrade to the latest patch version of 6.7: 6.7.7.

That said, as I back through your stacktrace to the first SonarQube-specific code, I come to this:

Which makes me think that this might be about having two languages that both “claim” Shell. So… what’s your list of plugins? You’re not running both ShellCheck Analyzer and iCode CNES, are you?

Ann

@ganncamp Thanks for the reply, I looked at the Marketplace section under administration and I see ShellCheck Analyzer but no iCode CNES. However, when I go to Configuration section under Administration, I see iCode CNES listed. Is it apart of another plugin? Which should I remove? Is there a way to check which plugin is used globally across all projects? Sorry for all the questions, I am still a little new to SonarQube administration. Thanks for all your assistance!

Hi,

I’m not sure why you’re not seeing both in the marketplace (the search feature may help…), but it looks like you do have both installed. As to which to choose, I would take a look at the default Quality Profile for the Shell language (click through on the rule count) and see which Repository contributed more rules to it (expand the Repository facet on the Rules page). Whether making such an educated guess will fly in your organization is your call. :smiley:

Ann