Assign Users to Projects & Issues (and possibly to specific files?)

SonarQube Dev v.8.5.1 (build 38104)
Im a newbie so go easy on me

• what are you trying to achieve
    -Testing the software with C/C++ source code
    -Having a look at administrator settings and am trying to figure out how to add users to specific projects & issues and even (if possible) to specific source code files?

• what have you tried so far to achieve this
    -I Have crated a permission template and given a test user the permissions I wanted. I assigned this template to a project however I am still unable to assign specific issues to that test user. I’ve also not found anyway to assign a user a specific source code file (is that even possible?). Any help would be great, hope this makes sense. Thanks!

I figured out how to assign users to specific issues, had to search for the user (kinda of expected them to come up in the drop down bar). Still haven’t found a way to assign users to specific source code files however (Is this possible?).

Hi @Wyatt_Turner,

First up, welcome to the Community :smiley:

The good news is that you’re on the right path with giving users permission to particular projects and then assigning issues. SonarQube generally works at the issue level – our approach is that developers solve individual issues, there’s no concept of ‘assigning’ a file to a user.

To save on manual issue assignment, if you’re using SCM integration issues are automatically assigned to the last committer of a line. Of course you can reassign them if you need to.

Hope this helps; let me know if you need more details.

Regards,

Cameron.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.