Analyze C# Project with multiple module

Hi Team,

I have a project which creates a plugin. In that we are using other multiple modules which we created, and I want to build only plugin module while analyzing SonarQube, But I am unable to build/scan only plugin module.

Please assist here, how we can scan/analyze only one module.

Thanks & Regards,
Huzaifa Siddiqui.

Hello Team,

Can you please help me on the above Query?

Looking forward for your cooperation and support.

Thanks,
Huzaifa Siddiqui.

Hi @Huzaifa

Perhaps this snippet of the SonarQube documentation about narrowing the focus of your analysis could be of some use to you.

As you did not post the version of SonarQube that you are using, I can’t give you the exact link. The posted link is to the latest version. You can change this easily in the dropdown in the sidebar.

Good luck!

Hello @Huzaifa

By default everything that is built will be analyzed. So, in order to make sure only your project is analyzed, you should set up the solution in a way that only the project you want to analyze is built.
This could be achieved by referencing the binaries instead of having project references to the other projects.

If you do not want to go down this path, an other option is to use exclusions. You can find more details about it here (just as cwata suggested)

A third option for you is to put <SonarQubeExclude>true</SonarQubeExclude> into the project files that you do not want to analyze.

All the best,
Čaba