After migration coverage in Sonarqube is 0%

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension).
    sonarqube v7.4
  • what are you trying to achieve - migrated sonar on-prem to AWS
  • what have you tried so far to achieve this - we migrated Sonarqube to AWS

Hi All,

We migrated sonarqube from on-prem to aws but post migration Coverage in Sonarqube is 0% also projects are not associated to quality profile .
Please let me me know if anyone have similar issue.

Hi,

First, SonarQube 7.4 is well past EOL. You should upgrade immediately. Your upgrade path is:

7.4 → 7.9.6 → 8.7 (last step optional)

Beyond that, if you migrated from 7.4 on-prem to 7.4 AWS then this is not likely to be an issue with SonarQube itself, but with the migration and/or the new platform. You should re-examine the differences in the two environments.

Ann

Hi Ann,

Thanks for reply it’s work perfectly fine for java project but for python it show 0% coverage

You’re going to have to break down the steps. A typical build process with test coverage will have a way to run unit tests to generate coverage data. That often can be configured to generate an html report of the results in the build. Inspect the results of that report. There will be a Sonar property that specifies the path to the coverage data file. I don’t know what it would be for python. Verify that property is set, and that it points to a path that exists, by looking in your CI workspace.

2 Likes

@David_Karr Thanks for suggestion it’s working now after updating the sonar-project.properties file