504 Error connecting to SonarQube v6.7.7

Environment:

• Operating system: Windows 10
  • SonarLint plugin version: 7.0
  • IDE: IntelliJ IDEA 2022.1.3
  • Programming language you’re coding in: Java
  • Trying to connect to SonarQube 6.7.7

Hi!

I’m trying to connect to SonarQube hosted by my company and I’m getting following error (504 timeout?).

I’ve checked connection data and all is correct. If I access to my company url from the browser I can access sonarQube without any problem.

Thank you in advance!

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

While you’re on the latest version of SonarLint, your company SonarQube is woefully out of date. SonarQube 6.7.7 is two LTSs ago. The current LTS is 8.9.9 and the latest version is 9.6.1.

I don’t know why exactly you’re getting a 504 when you try to connect (your SonarQube admins would need to check the server logs), but it’s not surprising to me at all that you aren’t able to connect.

I urge you to contact your SonarQube admins and make sure they’re aware just how far out of date they are, and how many bug fixes and security patches they’re missing.

Ann

Hi Ann and thank you!

Yeah, I know that SonarQube version is a bit outdated :smiling_face_with_tear: I’ve contacted my colleague and he tell me that just he is aware but we cannot update SonarQube because the server is outside the company.

What else could I try to do? :thinking:

Regards!

Hi,

You can ask your colleague to check the server logs (504 is on the server side). Even if he finds the error, I’m not sure there will be a lot that can be done. I suspect modern SonarLint is trying to communicate in a way your ancient SonarQube doesn’t understand.

Ann